Numerous organizations offer various types of assistance and counseling for those under financial burdens. Please see below for resources on foreclosure prevention and more.
Consumer Credit Counseling of Northwest Indiana
- Debt counseling, bankruptcy, education, housing & foreclosure prevention
- More information available here or call 219.980.4800
- Pre-purchase education/counseling, reverse mortgage, post-purchase education, various foreclosure prevention plans
- More information available here or call 219.548.2800
Indiana Foreclosure Network
- Mortgage payment assistance, mortgage modification assistance & transition assistance
- More information available here or call 1.877.GET.HOPE
Indiana Mortgage Banker's Association
Northwest Indiana Reinvestment Alliance
- Pre and post homeownership counseling, foreclosure mitigation counseling, financial literacy & small business development
- More information available here or call 219.931.9300
This information is provided for informational purposes. Please refer to the organization, municipality, etc. for further explanantion, requirements and application processes.